You can rapidly grow a new technician by implementing the
Mentors @ Work web-based Apprenticeship System.
Mentors @ Work provides a web-based Mentoring/Apprenticeship System that gives you the ability to
grow your own employees in your shop. The Mentors @ Work System:
- Helps shop owners and managers attract Apprentices
- Provides information on successful training methods
- Through "We'll Manage It!", Mentors @ Work will provide one-on-one mentor training, apprentice orientation, bi-weekly "Coach Call" management of the duo and periodic in-depth analysis sessions.
- Enhances owner or manager knowledge of their role in staff
- Establishes and evaluates Mentor and Apprentice candidates to determine if they can be successful...before the
program is even started!
- Evaluates the program's success from the owner's, the Mentor's, and
the Apprentice's point of view regularly throughout the Apprenticeship process
- Follows specific technical standards used by the mechanical industry
- Outlines pay methods that recognize the contribution of the Mentor,
the Apprentice, and meets the business alike
There is a shortage of quality employees in today's "trade"
and "technical" occupations. Occupational Mentoring opens an important door
for you to develop both new
and current employees.
A journeyman mechanical shop
technician can produce between $125-225K of annual billable
The key players in the Mentor/Apprentice System are:
- The Program Coordinator - This is usually the owner, general manager,
or office manager
- The Mentor - A master or skilled journeyman who has the ability to teach those skills to an
- The Apprentice - An existing employee who can upgrade their job
skills or an inexperienced person interested in the industry
Apprentice candidates exploring a future in the mechanical industry look
- Know what young people really want
- Know how to look for talent and have an offer that makes sense
- Want them as employees
- Have a clear training system
- Have clear standards for measuring advancement and success
- Are interesting as long-term careers
- Pay well
Employees using a specific training or Mentoring/Apprenticing system tend to be more loyal and
stay longer with that company!
Employees grown in your own facility are more
likely to be loyal to your shop.
Most in-house training by small businesses is done "by the seat of the pants".
There is no structure, no Mentor training, no accountability, no recognition,
and no tracking.
Mentors @ Work provides a very precise system, including a proven owner/manager training
system, as well as the Mentoring/Apprenticeship plan itself. Mentors @ Work
has training, testing, and tracking for everyone involved.
Mentors @ Work provides a unique method to build employees using
and tracking to help business attract, train, and retain a better employee base.